Best charity shop finds?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
For me it has to be an old Lowe Alpine rucksack from the time when Lowe Alpine used to make there stuff in the UK. It's a nice durable rucksack in new condition and I think I paid about £4!
Another one for me was finding a brand new Icebreaker 100% 260gsm merino wool jumper with turtle zip neck and thumb holes in the sleeve, I paid about £5. Bargain of the century or what! I still cannot imagine why someone would give such a nice garment away like that!
Another good find were a pair of Le Chameua walking boots in the size of my partner, but at £25 it wasn't so much a bargain!

Today I found a nice turtle neck 100% wool jumper and a heavy zip necked 80% wool jumper with a nylon wicking layer inside, both for under £5. Will post pics tommorrow.

What good finds have you guy's had?

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
REI, a coop over here, has quarterly "garage sales" of has equipment and clothing that has been returned, often for trifling reasons. At the last one, I scored an REI Quarter Dome T3 tent with only one damaged pole section (USD 16 to replace) . The fly and inner were unmarked. Price - USD 14.83 (for a USD 350 tent). I get most of my hiking/camping kit from such sales and thrift stores.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi all in the last 2 weeks I've scored 2 down jackets sleeveless and 1 full jacket £17 for the 2 regards dave

Mr Cake

Forager
Jun 20, 2005
my house
Ajungilak Tyin Elite sleeping bag for free but then I do work for a charity that has it's own shops. It was too bulky to hand out to a rough sleeper and customers rarely buy second hand sleeping bags so it would have been dumped it otherwise.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
me and my missus have been scouring around all the charity shops in central scotland been tae just about everywhere, spent more of petrol than acual bargains but tis addictive! have picked up various trinkets, quality scandanavian style jumpers, copper teapots are a habbit of mine, sometimes find leatherworking hardware, wooden stools aand always woolen jackets and skirts for the missus aka water gypsy on here

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
always on the look out for a bargain, i cant pass one :) recently found a complete top and bottom set of german goretex flecktarn wet weather gear, mint condition and my size! just £19 what they were doing in age concern i dont know :D

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
Trangia camping set: two pots, pot gripper, frying pan and coffee kettle. All seemingly unused ~ £ 2.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
A swanni ranger in vgc for £3.50. I passed it on via BCL, as it was'nt my size, but was to good a bargain to miss.

Rob

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
lol this thread made me have a lucid dream last night where I was finding Fjallraven, Icrebreaker and ventile cothing galore at my local charity shops... I remember feeling ecstatic of finding all these goodies at rock bottom prices... then I woke up!

.XII.

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2010
Dartmoor
a recent tour of the charity shops turned up a 2D-cell Maglite, complete with fresh batterys, for £10....

.... only problem is that on doing a bit of research i now want to spend £70+ on upgrade parts lol :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE