bergans vs maxpedition?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
i will buy a nice weather weekend pack, on my next salary.
but im torn between a bergans sport alpin(40l) and a maxpedition falcon 2(25l).

maxpedition:
*what appeals to me about this, is the molle attachments.
*it would be great to attach my response pak and a hatchet/machete firmly to the pack
*several smaller rooms which is good for organising smaller things, but thats really why i have a response pak

bergans:
*bigger main compartment which is better for packing clothes, pots, etc.
*since the pack is bigger i can pack more inside, instead of attaching to the outside = less things that can get caught on trees and vegetation

price:
for the price of the maxpedition, i get the bergans and 80% of an ok 3 season sleeping bag.

right now i'm leaning to the bergans, and alter it so that a hatchet/machete could be attached firmly to the outside.

i have had only good experience with bergans backpacks, but i've never had any experience with maxpedition

what do you think?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Two very different beasts in my eye, I'd much prefer to carry the Bergans than the Maxp which looks a bit too military for my liking.

Would you get a machete under the side compression straps and then poke the end into the pocket ?

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
You are not really comparing like for like, one is half the size of the other, the other is, well, twice the size of the other :)

The maxpedition kit is pricey but is really well made but I suspect you will need something bigger for weekend use, so I would opt for the bergens.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE