Bergans Morgedal smock sizing advice required

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
As I'm planning on wearing a duvet under the smock should I go for a size larger than normal?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Definitely go up one Bob, maybe I'm between sizes right now but I find mine fairly snug with a couple of thicker layers on underneath. It can be a pig to get on and off too if you've got too much on, especially if there's a hood involved :)

Could you order two and send one back after trying?

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'm at the border of sizes too. I'm a 42/44 chest so I think the XL the one to go for. I'm ordering from Tamarak so I'm sure they'll exchange it if I buy the wrong size.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm a 42" chest and persevering with the medium I picked up on here for £65, I don't think I'll be able to wear it through winter though as there's not a lot of room left for layering up. Good for 3 season though

Mr_Riff

Aug 13, 2012
Manchester
I'm a 46" chest and have a XL Morgedal. There's enough room for a Nittedal and a Down Light Jacket underneath (love Bergans stuff)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I have a large, I'm 5 ft 10", 12 1/2 stone, 44" chest and it's fine with a good bit of layering under it; as Shewie says, getting it on and off is sometimes a bit of a faff but I can't fault it for comfort whilst wearing it and moving freely and comfortably...............hope this helps....................

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Tamarak said the xl should be OK. I guess the large would be OK too but I like a bit of room so I'll go with the XL. I'm 5'11", 44" chest and best part of 15 stone. I'll probably have a Buffalo Tecmax shirt and Rab duvet on underneath.

happyfish

Aug 26, 2009
Pembrokeshire
I'm a 42" chest and persevering with the medium I picked up on here for £65, I don't think I'll be able to wear it through winter though as there's not a lot of room left for layering up. Good for 3 season though

You could always sell it to me and buy a bigger size :rolleyes:

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Tamarak said the xl should be OK. I guess the large would be OK too but I like a bit of room so I'll go with the XL. I'm 5'11", 44" chest and best part of 15 stone. I'll probably have a Buffalo Tecmax shirt and Rab duvet on underneath.

Hi Imagedude, it's been a while since i've been on here. Sorry to resurrect your old thread, but i was wondering how you got on with the XL size? I'm the same size as you but plan to wear a Buffalo mountain shirt under the Morgedal.

Thanks

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Plenty of room in the XL and not too baggy even after I slimmed down to 90kg/14 stone.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
FYI, i went for the XL. It's a perfect fit for me with the Buffalo top underneath & fine with just a jumper. Thanks for the advice all :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE