Bergans Morgedal Anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Sorry people, I didn't mean to start a thing about fakes - there are none to my knowledge; just my feeble and inept attempt at a joke...................(I'll get my smock).......................atb mac

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
I also have a Bergen's smock its been with me a few years now and although not water proof anymore it is very comfy and drys pretty quick

Kotteman

Tenderfoot
Jun 3, 2009
Östansjö Sweden
Have had mine for almost 3years now and i have used it as my main outdoor jacket. The cuffs are showing such wear and tear that they need to fixed.
It has been working great so far but can't really remember if i have used it in any hevy rain other then that one time i tried it in the shower for 20minutes, at that time it only leaked at the seams.
I'm going for a 5day canoe trip next week some rain will probely happen so i will see then.
The main problem with it is the drawcords, if your not carefull and draw the right string the seem in the front that makes it stay in place will break an the string will be lose.
I have not used it that roughly, only at hikes in the Swedish mountains and forests, and some times out working carrying logs and stuff here and there. But since i'm living in a tent now i think it will be used a bit more.
Overall a great jacket that has been like a second home for me.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
just got mine - first impressions: superb cut and detailing, good sizing: a true XL, hood very good design with wire and velcro for fur (fits my Norrona coyote fur trim). I got mine in red for hill-walking - got enough olive smocks anyway . With the fur attached it looks very Action Man Polar Explorer! Just need three plastic husky dogs now. It will be interesting to see how the water-resistance holds up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE