bergan and camera kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Recently bought my self a canon 500d with kit lense 18-55 and a 70-300 lens. Hoping to get some wild life pics.:D:D

I have a small camera bag just for days out, but does any one know of a bergan with a seperate compartment for camera kit.

I must admit have not researched this much yet, I am taking the short cut and asking you lot. Surely some one makes something along these lines.

Thanks in advance for any help on this one.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Not sure what exactly you need, do you have a budget?

A PLCE side pouch with a exped drybag might be enough but would not offer much protection, mind you they are quite difficult to get all of the air out so would offer some cushioning.
you can then attach it to your bergan or highly recommended karrimor sabre 45?

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
You may need to think bushcraft first and photography second. If you think photography first bushcraft second you may find the carrying equipment not durable enough.

Also look at rucksacks with MOLLE attachments, there are lots of configurations, pouches and straps. Maxpedition, civillian labs, 5.11, camelback and kifaru make some awesome kit if it fits your budget.

http://www.heinnie.com/Bags-and-Wallets/c-1-281/

perhaps a Grab bag would do, More rucks here:
http://www.rvops.co.uk/load-carrying-77/daysacs-114/?zenid=pnigovcggs6qph5mqs3d869pk5

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Have a look at Lowepro or Tamarac if you are looking for a dedicated photopack with room for other things.

I tend to use a Sabre 45 and attach a Lowepro case where one of the side pockets should be.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
If you can afford enough camera equipment to fill that pack, you can hire someone to carry your sleeping bag for you.

It does look amazing though and the man can take a good snap.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
If you can afford enough camera equipment to fill that pack, you can hire someone to carry your sleeping bag for you.

It does look amazing though and the man can take a good snap.

Exactly....
Yep I reckon he must have pulled at least 10-20K's worth of camera kit out of that baby during the video...

I'd go for something by Lowe Pro... I've had a few bits N bats from em and it's all been good...

HTH

John

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Exactly....
Yep I reckon he must have pulled at least 10-20K's worth of camera kit out of that baby during the video...

I'd go for something by Lowe Pro... I've had a few bits N bats from em and it's all been good...

HTH

John

yeah i got a lowepro bag thats got space for a flask, coat, sarnies and some other bits and camera gear in the bottom. i think its a ranger or something? will dig it out and look and post back in the am

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Thanks for that MrEd, I look forward to seeing what bag that is.

I have a berghaus freeflow 25 , which I use for day trips mountaineering/walking. But no good to fit any camera kit in.

Then I have a lowerpro 200 slingshot which has no room for anything else once the camera kit is in.

Both these bags are in excellent condition so I could sell them both and get something like your saying.But that would be for day trips.

I have the old army issue Bergen which I think the main compartment is a 100l with two 15l detachable side pockets. Its this sort of size I am looking for with a dedicated compartment for a camera and a couple of lenses. May be this does not exist,but that surprises me as many bushcrafters must be into there photography.

There must be a market for such a bag that is larger than just a day sack.

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
Recently bought my self a canon 500d with kit lense 18-55 and a 70-300 lens. Hoping to get some wild life pics.:D:D

I have a small camera bag just for days out, but does any one know of a bergan with a seperate compartment for camera kit.

I must admit have not researched this much yet, I am taking the short cut and asking you lot. Surely some one makes something along these lines.

Thanks in advance for any help on this one.

line some bubble wrap in one of the side pouches,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE