ben fogle lives in the wild.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
The goat bit was a bit wierd. I like them all, and he seems to really connect with the people he visits. I find some episodes are just some people gyippoing it, they go to a shop, they buy food and fuel weekly paper, they just seem to have decided to live in a rough shack, a little out of the way, and then some episodes are a couple inhabiting a wilderness completely isolated.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
He does connect very well, and isn't afraid to join in, as that's the whole point. The one thing I did take from all episodes, was that all the people involved, do need an income. There is still involvement with the outside world.

For myself and my family, we have just sold up and are moving to the West of Ireland with the aims of eventually becoming less reliant on the fast pace of modern life.

Gooner

Forager
Feb 27, 2014
Kent
I have watched them all so far,really interesting and you have to admire the strength of characters who choose this way of life.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
The one thing that struck me as odd on this episode was that one of their main expenses was propane for cooking, yet they are surrounded by thousands of tons of wood and all their heating was from wood burners. Wouldn't a rayburn be a wise investment?

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Great series this, I enjoyed the previous one too. I like Ben Fogle as a presenter he seems to relate well with the people he is staying with.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The one thing that struck me as odd on this episode was that one of their main expenses was propane for cooking, yet they are surrounded by thousands of tons of wood and all their heating was from wood burners. Wouldn't a rayburn be a wise investment?

It would if you didn't have to fly everything in and a rayburn or the Canadian equivalent is a heavy old lump of cast iron and might be beyond the capabilities of their son's float plane.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
It would if you didn't have to fly everything in and a rayburn or the Canadian equivalent is a heavy old lump of cast iron and might be beyond the capabilities of their son's float plane.

No it does seem strange, but propane and propane accessories are very convenient for hot water. You could always boat it in, his wife must have boated in the considerable greenhouse material, and I should think they have a woodburner already.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
The Taransay series was dreadful. They were promised a boat, for example, but didn't get it. According to the book of the series they bootlegged one from "spare" plywood and fibreglass but I haven't seen any pics.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE