Been dreading this one, so decided just to get it over with :blush:

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Capsules

1. Emergency cash
2. Prescription medication
3. Painkillers
4. Tinder
5. Safety pins
6. Peanut Lighter

Tools:
1. Compass
2. Whistle
3. Torch
4. Small knife
5. Bottle opener
6. Glowstick (nitestik type)

Congrats!

Last edited:

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Congrats on the milestone and the competition Mary.

I don't think I will ever reach that number of posts as my fingers move at a snails pace on the keyboard.

To everyone who enters the competition I can say that the tablet Mary makes is fab and the amadou she has sent me in the past works a treat.

Cheers and good luck everyone.

George

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Just logging in to say 'very well done Mary!
You are a credit to BcUK and a very kind and well informed person!
Heres to 20,000 more!
My best and Merry Yule!
Chris.

Mar 14, 2012
uk
well done i'll never reach any milesstone! LOL
any way my guesses

tools:
multi tool
mini torch
mini knife
whistle
compass
tweezers

capsules:
peanut lighter
Vaseline cotton balls
mini sewing kit
some money maybe in the form of some £1 coins
medication
anti histamine

marooned

Settler
Jul 25, 2010
Somerset
Well done Mary. My guess:

money
peanut lighter
tinder
drugs
sewing kit
fishing line

multi tool
knife
bottle opener
torch
whistle
compass

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Capsules:

Peanut lighter,
Money,
Sewing kit,
Pills
FAK
Tinder

Tools:

SAK,
Loupe,
Hammer,
Jemmy,
Sewing Machine,
Anvil.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:eek:
Tbh, I think it's because I touch type, and the computer is on and where I pass by it frequently when I'm at home.
It's all to easy just to comment on something that I read :)

A lot of folks struggle to communicate with the written word, but it's pretty straightforward for me. I don't like text speech; might be a generation thing :dunno: although I have a son who writes security programs for a big part of his job, and he uses full speech though, and he punctuates his texts properly too :) He types even faster than I do :D I think I still read more quickly than he does, however........just.
I really do think that punctuation not only makes meaning clearer, but makes reading much easier. Emoticons are really a kind of computer punctuation :cool: adding extra detailing; so long as everyone's on the same page, so to speak. For instance, British Red and I don't always see eye to eye on the smilies, but we are aware of the issue, and make strenuous efforts not to cause unintentional offence.

I do find, especially after I've spent time with my elderly relations, that I sometimes struggle to use plain English. Grammar and sentence structure is often different in Scots, especially among those who think in Scottish idiom too. I routinely use Scottish words not aware that they aren't commonplace in English, but freely admit that I thoroughly enjoy trying to unravel the intricacies of English dialect too :D

It's a rather dreich Ne'erday :sigh: but I'm sitting here typing and watching squirrels and long tailed tits fluttering around the bird feeders :D
It cannae rain forever, I'm away for a walk :)

Happy New Year :D

cheers,
M

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Well done Mary and hope there's another 20,000 to come, but heres my guess

1. Hand rub
2. Painkillers
3. Anti Histamines
4. Needle and thread
5. Peanut lighter
6. insect repellant

7. Bug twisty out tool thingy (Can't remember the name of them not weevils, the things that give you Lymes)
8. Tweezers
9. Whistle
10. Torch
11. Scissors
12. Spoon

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
OK, here goes ...

Capsules

[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT]Cash

[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT]Bug repellent

[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT]Tinder

[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT]Lip Balm

[FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT]Emergency Nos & ID

& the peanut light

Tools

[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT]Compass
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT]Knife/multitool
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT]Whistle
[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT]Torch
[FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT]1[SUP]st[/SUP] Aid pouch
[FONT=&quot]6. [/FONT]Sewing kit

keep the posts coming, Mary, and hope you get time to spin now and again :)

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
now correct me if i am wrong but you said you have 20000 posts yet there are some people on here who have the tenacity to call me a chatter box and i am not even at 5000 post yet i don't think and that's a quarter of yours

anyways enough joking and congrats mary you are a inspiration to us all how u manage to keep all us hairy back sided testosterone fueled men at bay when we cant get out side for some proper chillin like a villain in mother natures paradise, is beyond my logical understanding and well thank you and here's a glass being raised to the next 20000

now in regards the comp well pass its fair to soon after having just got up after my night shift to even engage my mind to even contemplate doing that

drew

ps not had coffee yet

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE