"Beater and Biter..."

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Not a problem Stu - heres one of Mikes (I think he nicked me Reindeer skin though :) )

DSCF2374.jpg

Hurry up posty!

Red

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
That is a beautiful laod of workmanship - and I'm glad you have separate sheaths cos that look slike anawful lot of weight.

However that is the only tiny possible drwaback of everything here, which is truly stunning and a credit to everyone involved.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Dougster - I wanted a single sheath and Mike warned me it might be heavy. But I do like "keeping things together" and the ability to have knife, stone and steel together has always been a plus for me. So both knives is a double plus :).

The temptation for single sheaths was really becuase I could see a place where I would want Biter alone particularly (small game work etc.). Ialso can see a possibility of Beater and a folder for some purposes. But I like the double idea too...so I decided....not to decide! Theres no reason for only one sheath so why choose? Have both! So I did :)

Red

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
I am glad I dont have to choose whether to carry those or your earlier British Red Knife!!
By the time I decided it woud be dark!

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
But I like the double idea too...so I decided....not to decide! Theres no reason for only one sheath so why choose? Have both! So I did :)

Red

Superb. I cannot fail to see, and agree with, your logic.

There are times when I would like to have that sense of security hanging from my belt, if only to spend hours looking at it all.:D

Stunning, stunning work all around.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
I am glad I dont have to choose whether to carry those or your earlier British Red Knife!!
By the time I decided it woud be dark!

Amen to that! Beautiful, beautiful beautiful! Such craftsmanship, I am stunned!

Congrats to Red and all the makers on this very handsome set!

Mike

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
They look great together in one sheath, in fact look great in their own sheaths, so many combinations lol, really nice work all round guys, stunning knives and really good leather work. Hope you enjoy them Red.

Simon.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Following this project through has been a real joy.:D

The craft and expertise that has gone into all the different facets has been truly amazing.

I for one would appreciate a full follow through on how the various parts work in action,if you can be bothered Red.;)

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Not a problem Stu - heres one of Mikes (I think he nicked me Reindeer skin though :) )

Hurry up posty!

Red

Wow, that looks like a serious working combo! Really nice sharpening pocket. A smart touch. The handle of the big'un seems too small for my hands though, but I shouldn't say anything since I've never handled it!

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I really like that, love the combination of blade sizes, the lines of the knives and the handle scales. I probably wouldn't have gone for the pouch on the front myself, but it still looks fantastic.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Wow, that looks like a serious working combo! Really nice sharpening pocket. A smart touch. The handle of the big'un seems too small for my hands though, but I shouldn't say anything since I've never handled it!
I've got small hands but you'd need hands like shovels for it it feel small - trust me its a brute of a knife! I reckon it would make a RAT 7 look frail :) Its funny, you don't see how truly brutally solid it is in the pictures - I guess thats because it has stu's normal fantastic finish. When you pick it up though you realise how heavy and strong it is. Biter is really delicate in contrast - just what I wanted. I guess a good way to explain it to a hunter would be I could easily skin a squirrel with biter or split a deer pelves with beater :D

Happy Red!!!!!!!!!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
:D

Biter is gorgeous - just how I imagined - a bush scalpel!

Anyone got a painful appendix? We need some field trials here!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE