Beard lichens in the UK - Where, and on what?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Ok! People, i have had a number of PM'S re these tinders, so i have had to take on staff! Namely Skate of this parish, so we will be foraging, photographing, baling and processing orders on Friday! We will look at each request upon it's merit and goods will be dispached the following Monday.

So when the pics and report appear here, could those interested please let me know on this thread and then i will sort the rest out by PM.

Thankyou for your patience in this matter.

Ivan...and Skate...

I will send skate a Christmas card he's a nice bloke does that count ???

Regards Dave (caps lock )

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I will send skate a Christmas card he's a nice bloke does that count ???

Of course Mouse, but only if you really want some of each, as the pre Christmas backlog is sending the firm into meltdown!

Regards

The Horrible One...

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Of course Mouse, but only if you really want some of each, as the pre Christmas backlog is sending the firm into meltdown!

Regards

The Horrible One...

Don't really want the grass stuff sounds a bit rubbish you seem to be going to a lot of trouble for Christmas cards have you tried lonely hearts

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Don't really want the grass stuff sounds a bit rubbish you seem to be going to a lot of trouble for Christmas cards have you tried lonely hearts

Your name maybe Mouse
Although there's no house
You appear a fungi
I'm not sure why
Lonely hearts it's not for me
Nor the axe wound in your knee
So quit this jest whilst you're ahead
Or it's old mans beard for your bed.

If you really do want some, you are welcome.

Ivan...

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Your name maybe Mouse
Although there's no house
You appear a fungi
I'm not sure why
Lonely hearts it's not for me
Nor the axe wound in your knee
So quit this jest whilst you're ahead
Or it's old mans beard for your bed.

If you really do want some, you are welcome.

Ivan...

That's terrible

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
To all the decent folk on this forum, that are genuinely interested in Old Mans Beard and Molinia Grass as an addition to their tinder pouch, i apologise on behalf of Mouse, as it appears it is a Facebook campaign to derail my offer and ridicule me, so i will leave this thread for now and return with some great shots of said tinder and re open my festive offer.

Thankyou ladies and gentlemen.

Non biting.

Ivan...

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
To all the decent folk on this forum, that are genuinely interested in Old Mans Beard and Molinia Grass as an addition to their tinder pouch, i apologise on behalf of Mouse, as it appears it is a Facebook campaign to derail my offer and ridicule me, so i will leave this thread for now and return with some great shots of said tinder and re open my festive offer.

Thankyou ladies and gentlemen.

Non biting.

Ivan...

Your right Ivan I'm being unfair please allow me to take you out for dinner one evening to apologise as a token of good will

There is a stunning Turkish restaurant nr me I'm sure you will love it

Merry Christmas

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Ivans not on about that Molina grass again is he ?it is just dry heath grass but he gets all excited about it for some reason.Seems a desperation for Xmas cards has driven him over the edge
What next we wonder

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
I think he was just showing some Xmas spirit, and trying to be helpful. I thought it was a nice offer. Not the first helpful offering ive heard from him.
Ivans not on about that Molina grass again is he ?it is just dry heath grass but he gets all excited about it for some reason.Seems a desperation for Xmas cards has driven him over the edge
What next we wonder

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Don't want to derail this thread completely, but thankyou gentlemen for the support, i have actually known Redandshane for a number of years and he is one of the nicest people you could wish to meet, i have camped out with him on scores of occaisions, he is a true friend, and if i had to spend a week in the woods with anyone he would make my shortlist, Mouse i have not known long, but is an interesting character, to say the least, i have also camped with this fellow too.

And found him(in his sensible moments! A great guy and a friend), it was only mean't in jest, it's just their sense of humour.

So next addition will be connected to the original thread subject.

Thankyou.

Ivan...

Ps, but if there is anymore, i will step up to the mark and desroy both of them, and they know it.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Right, after a thoroughly enjoyable weekend, spent foraging for the afore mentioned tinders, i have them in my possesion, they are now drying.

So anyone that wants some posted to them, please reshow an interest here then we can deal with addresses by Pm.

Photos of the tinder, and being gathered are on The Out And About, section titled Tinder Forage and Camp of Course, i think!

If i get swamped, i will of course give preference to those who showed an initial interest.

Thanks.

Ivan...

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Yeah sorry if people didn't realise I am a friend of Ivans i know him well enough to be able to take the rise out of his generosity as he does to me.
Now I have your attention anyone want to talk about hankies? lol

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
Hi Ivan,
I'd love some of the old man's beard!
I've got plenty of molinia grass growing near me (though I never knew what it was called) and it has provided me with many good camp fires! :campfire:
Shall I PM you my address?
Will

P.S.
I don't consider that this thread has been derailed in the slightest. I like it in fact. I was taken aback when you initially offered to go foraging and take some pictures for me, and then really surprised when you offered to start drying it and sending it to people! Thank you for your generosity! I hope to join you round a camp fire one day for a meal and a drink.
I only joined this forum to get advice on bushcraft. Instead I've discovered quite a community - a community I hope to meet up with one day at a meet or something...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Just in case you thought i was fibbing, the beard on the heater, much to Alison's dismay, and the grass in the shed.

I will Pm all who want in a few days, and will expect a response within 48 hours to guarantee which you require

Ivan...

DRYING 001.jpg DRYING 002.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE