BcUK Photograph of 2014 February competition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Tony
This is my set up it an Olympus E-620 DSLR though any other DSLR will do with a Sigma 105 f2.8 macro lens with a homemade diffuser. These are not my own ideas but are just shared on a photography forum. I will start with my first macro rig a 35mm macro lens capable of 1:1 but with seriously subject the 1:1 distance is shown with the card. Manual focusing is usually used for macro as AF just does not cut it really on any system. I am no expert but ask anything else you want.

So here goes my Olympus E-620 with 35mm f3.5 lens and Metz flash with plastic bottle diffuser.

35 mm Macro and milk bottle diffuser by alf.branch, on Flickr

This was taken with this set up

Hover fly 08-07-13 2 by alf.branch, on Flickr

Then I got a Sigma 105 f 2.8 and made a new diffuser from a pringles tube guess where I got that idea

105 mm and pringle diffuser by alf.branch, on Flickr

This was taken with this set up

Hover fly explored by alf.branch, on Flickr

Thanks Alf....some interesting setups there for macro flash.
I am still learning to use the macro lens, just waiting for a few more insects to come out.

When you use the flash what do you usually set it to? The flash I have doesn't have ETTL so I would have to set it manually or trigger it remotely.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Thanks Alf....some interesting setups there for macro flash.
I am still learning to use the macro lens, just waiting for a few more insects to come out.

When you use the flash what do you usually set it to? The flash I have doesn't have ETTL so I would have to set it manually or trigger it remotely.

I am using an ETTL flash in auto with any adjustment I need.

Join TP and ask in the macro section someone will know.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE