BcUK Photograph of 2014 competition February heat winner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
.....and i love your golden gate pic too m8....superb,

s

Thanks Angst - it's my current favorite also! I'm finally getting round to adding my favorites to my website. There should be some more in the few days/weeks, so please check back.

Also, a little forward I know, I'll be offering prints/canvases from the site in the near future.

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
Lovely colours. How did you get the glow in the stars to that degree? Some sort of filter or white balance option?

No filters, I use a technique called "ETTR" or "Expose To The Right" - meaning that I purposely overexpose the image so that the histogram is as far to the right as possible without blowing the highlights - normally shown as flash areas on the LCD screen of the camera.

When you then bring back the exposure in Lightroom (or whatever) you have captured as much information as possible - whack the contrast all the way up and you are half way there. The is tweaking until you get the right colour balance.

I'm writing a guide to put on my website. I'll let you know once it is up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE