BcUK Photograph of 2013 competition Grand Final

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Please select your favourite picture

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Ok folks... it's been a long wait but here's the grand final of the 2013 BCUK Photograph of the Year.

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who not only submitted entries but voted as well. There's been some really wonderful photographs submitted and I've enjoyed viewing them.

Anyway here's the finalists and I'd just like to wish you all good luck as it's going to be hard for everyone to pick a winner because they're all such cracking photos.

Picture 1
May heat winner, theme 'Sunlight'. Taken by Brancho and titled 'Sun Breaking Through'
8842268542_45fecb4b53_b.jpg

Picture 2
June heat
winner theme 'Leaves' taken by Harvestman. Titled 'Hartstongue and nettle'
9108687106_69f0d35097_b.jpg

Picture 3
July's heat winner, theme 'Camp Life'.
Taken by Theoctogan and titled 'Scafell Wild Camp'
9300938687_1aa5cc65bd.jpg

Picture 4
August's heat winner, theme 'Fauna'.
Taken by MadDave and titled 'On Stag'
stag.jpg

Picture 5
Bushmoot heat winner, theme 'In Motion'.
Taken by Mad Dave and titled 'Silent Prayer'
103a70o.jpg

Picture 6
September heat
winner, there 'The Path Leads'. Taken by TheOctogan and titled 'Into The Clouds'
9364590240_ca2da04130_b.jpg

Picture 7
October heat winner, theme 'Fire'
Taken by Pandabean, untitled
10184015645_4904b18986_b.jpg

Picture 8
November heat winner, theme 'Autumn' Taken by Harvestman, titled 'Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal'
10996774316_1aa71f7620_b.jpg

Last edited:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Before I cast my vote I want to say a big thanks to Steve for organising the competition. It's great fun and you get to see some stunning photographs. Now back to the hard bit of choosing my winner....

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
After much thought I've cast my vote, and as has been said there's no easy choice from those eight...........I have to say that I'm constantly surprised and delighted by the standard of image I see here, they're all of a very high standard and I thank all the photographers for them.

Thankyou very much for running this, Mesquite; it's been really great to see them all through the year....................Great Stuff!

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I just want to add my thanks to Mesquite for his efforts in running this entire thing this year. I was inspired to take lots of pictures just for the monthly comps, and got a great deal of enjoyment from it.

Very many thanks.

I just want to add my thanks to Mesquite for his efforts in running this entire thing this year. I was inspired to take lots of pictures just for the monthly comps, and got a great deal of enjoyment from it.

Very many thanks.

I second that, I came in a bit late to the competitions but it has helped me get out and take more photos that are relevant and actually made me think more about my shots. In addition to that the photos posted by others were also great inspiration and gave me a few ideas to try in the future.

Thanks Steve and I hope the competitions run again next year. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE