Battered or new - whats your preference?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Templar

Forager
Mar 14, 2006
Can Tho, Vietnam (Australian)
I dont care what it looks like so long as it does the job its supposed to do...
so long as its not dirty or rusty its fine... I think your kit should reflect your experience in some respects if all your kit looks new then I would say your experience is low, but if it has dings and scratches, paint missing, etc the I would feel you have some knowledge in your chosen field of endevour...

I even tend to age my new kit so it will fit in better with my other stuff sometimes...

Just my thoughts...

Karl

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Old looking but in good working order.

The only things I keep in perfect condition are my knifes an axes, end of the day they could save your live one day, on the other hand if not maintained propperly end it too.

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
This very battered old billy and sooty mug. Don't think there's anything better around.

PA020056kitbyfall.jpg

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I try to look after my things and keep them in the best condition possible.

After time, everything shows signs of age and wear but I have seen some people abuse their kit so as to try and look more "experienced" - it's just a bit weird.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE