Basha from Mean and Green.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

retrohiker

Jul 2, 2005
Ohio, USA
Guys,

I'm looking at the DPM basha listed on the Mean and Green website (meanandgreen.com). Anybody know anything about it??? I'm looking for one of the lighter weight ones (~640 gms) as well as one that has the loops along the ridge line. This one is listed at 2.5x3.3m which seems a bit larger than the normal ones I've seen which are typically around 175cm x 265cm. Anyone have this one and care to comment?
I'm ordering from the US and it's one of the few sites I've seen that doesn't kill you on shipping costs.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
You mean this one?

520.1.jpg

Basha
£24.95 Product Ref: TR520

Fully adaptable
Excludes poles
Approx 2.5m x 3.3m
Robust press-studs along edge
Strong fabric tie loops
Includes draw-cord stuff sack

there's been some discussion on this one before,
it's a strange way to set it up/display it, prehaps the sellers have not used one before? you never know :confused:
to me it looks fine, often you need to have the stuff infront of you to see how good it is. :)

retrohiker

Jul 2, 2005
Ohio, USA
Yeah....that's the one! Of course, I'm planning on using it with my hammock in the summer or pitched low with a bivy in the winter. (I don't understand their setup either)! After stumbling across the Tatonka 3x3m "cotton" tarp from Genaral Army Suprlus, I may just go with that. Problem is that I was also picking up one of the olive Swedish snow smocks from Mean and Green and was hoping to get off with a single shipping charge which is why I was originally leaning towards their basha. With the poor exchange rate (viewed from my perspective :) ) those extra charges pile up quick! If you know anyone who's got experience with that basha or can put me onto a thread here I'd appreciate it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE