Bahco Laplander Folding saw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hanzo

Nomad
Feb 12, 2006
Hawaii
hanzosoutdoors.blogspot.com
I received my Bahco Laplander Folding saw in the mail today and promptly went outside to play. What can I say? I love this saw. It is the best folding saw I have ever used. It is aggressive cutting and doesn't bind. At least it didn't today. I didn't try it on anything green as it just wouldn't have been fair.

The first victim was a 1 1/2 to 2 inch branch that has been sitting in my yard for a couple of months. Fairly stout wood. Went through like a hot knife through butter. Next I tested it on very seasoned, very hard wood. One branch was about 3 inches thich, the other between 3 and 4 inches. Cut through clean and smooth in under a minute. Very nice!

Just for comparison, it is larger and more aggressive cutting than the saws found on SAK's and multi-tools. They cannot compare. I would probably give up trying to cut seasoned hard wood with one of those little saws. Great for EDC and emergency use, but the Laplander saw goes in my pack, replacing my Gerber folding saw.

The Gerber folding saw is a comparable size to the Laplander, and cuts very well. I think the Laplander outperforms on the really hard wood cutting through 3-4 inches in about half the time of the Gerber.

I could be wrong, but green wood is probably not going to be a match for any folding saw so I didn't try. I didn't want to cut down any branches just for a test.

After I have had more time with it, I will post a more long term review.

Great saw, great value!

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Very cool, I've heard alot of good things about the Bahco saws. I don't have too much cash floating around at the moment, so I'll stick to my Gerber Exchange-a-blade... but you've definately made me think about a new piece of gear :D

Where'd you order her from?

easilyled

Oct 31, 2006
South Coast, UK
hanzo said:
I didn't try it on anything green as it just wouldn't have been fair.

Not fair on the woodland I suppose!

I'm lucky enough to be a gardener and use one for work. Best saw by a very long way. I have also acquired an orange one which saves me hunting for it everytime it gets put down.

As it can get left hanging in a tree after all the ladders and access equipment have been put away, the orange colour is really useful.

206265117.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Although there is a blade difference in some of the orange ones (both tooth count and some orange lack the reduced friction coating). I'm not sure if this is true of all of them however

Red

hanzo

Nomad
Feb 12, 2006
Hawaii
hanzosoutdoors.blogspot.com
easilyled said:
Not fair on the woodland I suppose!

I'm lucky enough to be a gardener and use one for work. Best saw by a very long way. I have also acquired an orange one which saves me hunting for it everytime it gets put down.

As it can get left hanging in a tree after all the ladders and access equipment have been put away, the orange colour is really useful.

206265117.jpg

That's a really nice set of cutting tools you have there. And I like the orange. I would have bought that one if I saw it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE