Backpack/Daysack Help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wannabe

Aug 19, 2005
Oxfordshire
Hi all,

I'm looking for a backpack/daysack/bag, in desert tan/light brown, about 20l or so suitable to carry a few essentials (water, knife, FAK, mossie repellant etc) when I go walking in Thailand in November.

Would prefer something non-military looking.

Looked at the Maxpedition stuff but seem a bit too small.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

Thanx, that reminds me that I still need to write a post about what I would think to bring to Thailand for a trip (log time ago somebody asked... will have to get that sorted asap... still s-orry for the delay...)

Anyway back on the subject:

A backpack for some walking in Thailand....

Mmm.. Thailand sells a LOT of small daypacks. Sufficient to fulfill your volume needs of 20 ltr. If you want a tough quality pack you should get lucky too. It is not all cheap, lousy copy's there!

One one hand: "no to cheap copies" on the other hand "support local economies". Thai people are camping out quite a lot.

Depending on WHERE you are going in Thailand, you might want to consider buying a local Thai ' shoulderbag' . I got one in Chang Mai and did a 4 day trip with that (Hill tribes).

You get your self a bag, a (useful) souvenir and support there economies. Mind you almost anything you can think of to buy here (in the Western world), you can buy in Thailand too. As good as and most of the times cheaper! (Medicine, clothing, mozzie stuff etc).

So for your mozzie stuff, some water, a FAK, knife a Thai shoulder bag should do. Even a bumbag with on or 2 waterbottles attached... Use a cheap 'throwaway' rainponcho and Bob is your.....

So
1) 'bumbag' with waterbottles,
2) Thai shoulder bag
3) Buy a cheap one on a local Thai market (good fun!)
4) Buy something here and pay full price

Or please specify what you would like to bring for doing what where and I might be able to be of some more specific assistance (spelling?)

If you really want to I can try and make some pics of option 1 and 2 and post it later

Will post that equipment list advice type of thing after I finish reading my new/unread posts either today or Thursday!

Grtz Johan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE