Back on the water

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I got back tonight from a couple of days out in the canoes with some good friends, I'm struggling to remember the last time I was out with them so it made a nice change to the backpacking I've been doing this year.

Some pics ...

Taking a breather under Meall Daraich
P1010273P.jpg

The way we're heading, into the smirr ...
P1010274P.jpg

Grooveski
P1010275P.jpg

Gailainne
P1010278P.jpg

Camp setup, Adventure Puppy standing by
P1010285P.jpg

Room with a view
P1010295P.jpg

P1010296P.jpg

We sat around the fire Friday night and caught up on what we'd all been up to, we shared bacon butties and a couple of beverages and retired fairly early.

View from my tent and Saturday morning
P1010280P.jpg

The weather was mixed on Saturday, not much wind but cloudy with the occasional light shower. The midges didn't make much of an appearance which was nice, lots of other critters about the place though, hover flies, butterflies and tons of gangly spiders. I made a rough spoon for the stew in Stephens gimungus pot, processed fire wood and fettled with some sharps for a bit. Later we prepped the veg and got the stew on the go, I nipped off for a paddle in the evening as the wind dropped right off and just looked too tempting not to.

P1010291P.jpg

Is that stew ready yet?
P1010286P.jpg

Blethering
P1010293P.jpg

After scoffing the stew we had another night watching bushcraft tv and catching up, I was the last to bed at 22:10, lightweights

Bushcraft tv
P1010297P.jpg

We tidied up camp, burnt off the dods and packed the boats ready for the off
P1010299P.jpg

Grooveski and Stuart69
P1010306P.jpg

Stuart69 and Ciara
P1010311P.jpg

A great weekend thanks lads, just what I needed. Let's not leave it so long next time though.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
Great pics mate and perfect way to spend a week-end even with a duff battery :)

I didn't even take my camera out it's bag :eek:

Silverclaws

Forager
Jul 23, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
How similar is the waterscape to Sweden's lakes and forest except for the type of trees is unreal. Open canoe was always the way I wanted to go for most waterway travels, but these things cost far more than I can muster.

I did have a mirror dinghy of the first two years vintage for ideas about travelling the water ways, but that thing, the rot I could not keep up with save for almost rebuilding the whole thing at a cost that seems prohibitive these days.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Great pics Rich, looks a cracking weekend, thanks for sharing :)

What is that canoe / sail Gailainne?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE