Axe 'lessons'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
bambodoggy said:
Dan speak to Gary at Bearclaw....his prices are very good:

http://www.bearclawbushcraft.co.uk/trading/tools.htm

Scroll down a bit to find it just before the sharpening puk.

I'm off to my local wood on saturday afternoon overnight until sunday lunchtime with a couple of members from here....fancy coming? (One of them lives in Fareham and might give you a ride if you ask him nicely ;) ).

Bam.

Hi,

Thanks for the tip on bearclaw, looks like the cheapest so I think I'll get it from there.

Thanks for the invite but unfortunately am not free this weekend, would definately be up for it another time though! :D

Dan

Hedgehog

Nomad
Jun 10, 2005
East Sussex
Bearclaw do indeed have better prices - cross posted there while the boss looke d the other way ;)

I'm sure they'll make sure you get a good one too - not to say that GB standards arent extremely high.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Have you already ordered the axe?

If not wilderness 1-2-1 are hard to beat on service.

I am currently renting part of a 250 acre woodland near Fontwell Sussex.

Your more than welcome to come down and practise a few skills.

Are you able to make the southampton meet up on Thursday 20th?

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
Wayne said:
Have you already ordered the axe?

If not wilderness 1-2-1 are hard to beat on service.

I am currently renting part of a 250 acre woodland near Fontwell Sussex.

Your more than welcome to come down and practise a few skills.

Are you able to make the southampton meet up on Thursday 20th?

Hey,

Haven't ordered the axe yet, I've just e-mailed wilderness121 to ask about prices, thanks for the link!

I'd love to have a bit of woodland, must be brillaint. Fontwell isn't too far from me actually! Not sure if I can make the southampton meet up yet, hopefully!

Dan

Mat

Forager
Nov 20, 2003
Hampshire
Dan,

I did an excellent Woodlore course called 'Campcraft Workshop' (or at least something like that!) - it's not listed on their site at the moment, but it involved learning how to use a knife, axe, adze etc. Very interesting and I would certainly recommend it.

You could also help out at you r local Scout Troop. It just so happens that I also live in south Hampshire (Waterlooville if you know it?) and we could do with a new Leader! We are going on our Summer Camp next weekend and I intend to spend the whole week turning a few large tress into wood chips!

Mat

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
Mat said:
Dan,

I did an excellent Woodlore course called 'Campcraft Workshop' (or at least something like that!) - it's not listed on their site at the moment, but it involved learning how to use a knife, axe, adze etc. Very interesting and I would certainly recommend it.

You could also help out at you r local Scout Troop. It just so happens that I also live in south Hampshire (Waterlooville if you know it?) and we could do with a new Leader! We are going on our Summer Camp next weekend and I intend to spend the whole week turning a few large tress into wood chips!

Mat

Hi Mat,

This is off the thread a little, but do you, as a scout leader, do much outdoorsy stuff, as I've heard from various people that this isn't as common as it used to be due to insurance/safety and all that!

I've thought about becoming a scout leader for a while, but if it doesn't actually involve any bushcraft then it seems a bit pointless...

Thanks,
Dan

Mat

Forager
Nov 20, 2003
Hampshire
Dan,

The beauty of Scouting is that as long as you follow the rules and do things safely, you can do what you like. We go camping at least 5 times a year and I'm always taking along a new project or skill to try out!

There is a lot of talk about kids just being interested in computer games and tv these days, but it's not always true. Kids LOVE using an axe, lighting fires, building natural shelters etc - Scouting is crying out for people like you to offer a few hours to pass on some skills :D !

Mat

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE