Autumn walks, and watching badgers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I've had a few nice walks in the local woods recently so I thought I would write about one more of them.
Mainly looking at Fungi (and trying to carry on the learning of), wild food, trees and a nice night out watching the badgers

IMG281.jpg

More here in the blog http://woodsmancrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/an-autumnal-walk-badger-watching-and.html

And I came across two brilliant large fungi paintings by a lady I work with sometimes.

100_4256.jpg

http://woodsmancrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/big-fungal-art.html
Hope you like,
Addo :)

Last edited:

Elen Sentier

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Thanks, glad you enjoyed them.

I've found a few other game trails I'm going to sit by and see what comes along and what they get up to. I'm sure a few of them are shared, especially on the edge of the wood next to the fields. There are hardly any rabbits in this wood, but I found some Fox hair caught on a trail leading off the badger one in the post, going down to a few rabbit holes, but not a major warren. The big warren has been abandoned, unsure why though?

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
That sounds great Addo. Wonderful to see them mooching about then marching off. When I'm in the woods I always have the dog so badger watching is out but one evening I was walking along about 20 yards from a set and I saw one scrabbling about by the entrance. The wind must have been in the right direction because he didn't seem to realise I was there and neither did my dog spot him. I had a precious few moments watching him before he was off into the undergrowth.

Last edited:

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
That sounds great Addo. Wonderful to see them mooching about then marching off. When I'm in the woods I always have the dog so badger watching is out but one evening I was walking along about 20 yards from a set and I saw one scrabbling about by the entrance. The wind must have been in the right direction because he didn't seem to realise I was there and neither did my dog spot him. I had a precious few moments watching him before he was off into the undergrowth.

Great stuff, glad you had a good view.

I had a funny thing happen once. It was about an hour before dusk so good light and I was rounding the corner of a footpath just as I thought I heard two dogs running up towards me off the lead as is normal. I stopped to let them pass and it was two young badgers chasing each other. They tumbled over each other in the rush to stop as they saw me then legged it back all the way down the path.

Elen Sentier

Great stuff, glad you had a good view.

I had a funny thing happen once. It was about an hour before dusk so good light and I was rounding the corner of a footpath just as I thought I heard two dogs running up towards me off the lead as is normal. I stopped to let them pass and it was two young badgers chasing each other. They tumbled over each other in the rush to stop as they saw me then legged it back all the way down the path.

Marvellous experience :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE