At last, it's finished: a boxwood kuksa...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nic.

Forager
Mar 21, 2011
Mid Wales
Lovely work, I like the fact that it looks right yet doesn't look like any other Kuska I have seen. On a similar note whilst I don't have a great deal of experience with box wood I have never seem any with such visible grain.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Thank you all very much indeed for your more than generous words.

One thing I did learn to appreciate in the process of making this was the grain of the wood. It seemed that every cut or scrape revealed a richer pattern, always offset by the natural, deep honey colour of the wood; every cut also produced an apparently polished surface. It seemed to me that, if you didn't want to sand it, you wouldn't have to.

I still have another trunk section and some other, smaller pieces. The latter might make interesting spoons but I think I'll leave the former until I'm feeling strong enough for another large(-r) project!

Again, many thanks for your comments. The friend who got this one was very pleased with it. I only hope that he gets out and uses it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE