Article: Our Stone Age Experience

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
What an outstanding personal adventure, you must have felt truly alive..what a shame you had to find your way back to the hussle and bussle of the modern world...well done for having the bottle to carry out such an endeavour...excellent write up too ;-D

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
The most truly Bush Craft experience I have seen on this Site since I became aware of it in 96. On the whole . Nearly everyone returns to normal modern living after a short spell in what is not real wilderness
and rely on having something modern among our gear, be it a cigarette lighter, or some matches, or
even a Billy Can as back up. Few use hand made
footwear that they have made themselves, except for those that are into re enactment costumes, and even then the occasional trainer shoe pops out from under
a long tribal gown. Still, if we are all enjoying how we
personally participate, does it really matter, we are
enjoying the outdoors and taking things to the level that we want, or modern life allows us to do.
This article , just illustrates how far you can take things if you really put your mind to it. TOP MARKS.

thedawnawakens

Settler
Dec 2, 2012
UK
Just came across this and must say it was a truly inspirational read. To live off the land day in, day out with no modern tools, no civilization, stripped down almost completely with nothing but the skins you wore and the few "luxury" items appears so appealing to me. To be tested in this environment in such a way I imagine would be utterly freeing. How did your tribe cope if illness set in? Did yor tribe ever encounter altercations and if so how did it get managed? Either way the journey must had altered the way in which you view yourself and the modern world. If you had the chance to do it again would go primative again?

All the best and respect,

Geoff

BlueTrain

Nomad
Jul 13, 2005
Near Washington, D.C.
I always find it ironic that experiences like this begin with a flight in a jet plane.

However, it would be an interesting experience just the same. I suspect my spectacle wearing modern self would pine for the log house (not a cabin, mind you!) I once lived in. But that was a settled life, if somewhat dated. Would stone age man and woman been settled or migratory? There were still people in the Americas living in the stone age when my grandmother was born and she herself was in a sense still on the frontier. But she never wore buckskin. Or doeskin.

May 15, 2015
Brasil
It's maybe the best and INSPIRING report on an actual experience of primitive living skills I've erver read, CONGRATULATIONS for your experience and words, and THANKS for sharing! :O)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE