Article: Hilltrek Ventile Braemar Smock Review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silkhi

Forager
Mar 28, 2015
N Yorks
I have bought a few things from Hilltrek and can't praise them enough. I love ventile & they sell Paramo; plus their own combination of the two - cotton analogy. I love ventile cotton - the stiffening effect when there's a real downpour over an extended period is quite strange the first time it happens but you soon adjust. Incredible breathable and warm too. Pretty pricey but it will last a long long time.

Kilbith

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2013
South West
My wife has also an Hilltrek anorak (simple ventile) but without map pocket and kangaroo pocket (I prefer something ligther and compact). My son used it one week this winter in lappland until -15°C + 50 km/h wind.

He was nice on snowwalking with a woolpower 200 and a simple fleece from Regatta. Well protected and not damp from his sweet. For winter in Lappland, the hood could be cut deeper but it would not be very nice in mountains (seing upstairs). So, you need sometimes a brim cap to protect you more from snow.

Very nice scottish piece of gear.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE