army dehydrated ration packs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Does anyone know of a cheap source fore these ?

I find the standard army 24hr ration pack quite bulky and too heavy when on a multiday walk and am looking to save weight.
These dehydrated ones seem to be a better option but the ones I can find on the military websites are all wanting extortionate amounts of money for them.

bigandy

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
horwich lancashire
Not seen them for a long while,used to love the porridge and fruit flakes.
Bear in mind the amount of water needed to rehydrate them, its a big weight or a lot of water to find. If your purifying the water you find how much weight is involved in which system you employ?
remember 1ltr of water is 1kg.

I got a load of these from a marine in 2002, these were called 24hr Patrol Rations. Essentially they were exactly the same as the 24hr rations except the main meals were Pot Rice in a foil bag which you added hot water. The breakfast was oats and apple flakes that you added hot water too (they looked like they had powdered milk in them too?). So it's easy to make your own up for much less greenbacks than buying them ex MOD.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE