Arktis Mammouth

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
flibb said:
Has anybody tried a arktis mammouth, its similar to a buffalo special 6?

The Mammoth shirt is basically a copy of the Buffalo Special 6. There a few differences though (I've never had an Arktis but have handled one and owned a buffalo for a number of years). IMHO the Buffalo is made from higher quality materials and is a bit more bombproof than the Arktis one. The Buffalo also has a "shirt tail" back panel.

To be honest if I was looking for this type of pile/pertex shirt I'd wouldn't purchase either of them (and that’s saying something as I love my buffalo!) as you can get a Field Smock from www.extremeoutdoorclothing.com (under Military) which is basically exactly the same as the Buffalo and Mammoth but its made to measure (you get to choose the colour too!) for about the same price as the Mammoth and it has more venting options. :eek:

....... quite hard to beat really. :D

flibb

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2005
Kent
Just found the Arktis shirts one ebay, a seller does them for £40 (delivered). Am stll tempted with the extreme outdoors ones though.

Beer Monster said:
To be honest if I was looking for this type of pile/pertex shirt I'd wouldn't purchase either of them (and that’s saying something as I love my buffalo!) as you can get a Field Smock from www.extremeoutdoorclothing.com (under Military) which is basically exactly the same as the Buffalo and Mammoth but its made to measure (you get to choose the colour too!) for about the same price as the Mammoth and it has more venting options. :eek:

....... quite hard to beat really. :D
Just had a look at their website, first of all I was really impressed by the prices and then I saw the 'Where Eagles Dare' jacket, FANTASTIC I WANT ONE!!! :D

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
Tried to get the Mil price list but it said it was unavailable right now... :(

Fortunately brain engaged and I checked the full price list... £76.50 is a pretty good price :)

Ta v much

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
NickBristol said:
Tried to get the Mil price list but it said it was unavailable right now... :(

Fortunately brain engaged and I checked the full price list... £76.50 is a pretty good price :)

Ta v much

Yep the military price list is basically the same as the regular discounted prices. I ordered their brochure a while back. It was just a photo copy with hand drown pictures but seemed pretty comprehensive. They also supplied small swatches of the different fabrics in all the different colours available. The order sheet was quite comprehensive as well with a guide on how to take all the different measurements they would need to tailor you smock. All in all I was quite impressed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE