Arise Sir Shewie!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Yay,....

well,....who'd have thought it!!??...

Congrats to Rich on being promoted to Moderator status,....(Sam has a thread,..dint want you to feel left out)

have you "moderated" anyone yet?....

i feel like being just a little bit naughty just to see how you handle it,....hahaha

and i,m allowed a bit cos its me Burpiday,........

seriously tho mate, it was always a no brainer the amount of time you spend on here,....

have they got you a little portacabin with a kettle and pile of mucky books in it??

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I think it should be an elite team. Us three could do it. We just need some guns and tasers and we'd be all set.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I think its Godzilla or at least Mothraa!

Mothrabattleforear1622.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nah, it's worse than that, Tony just gets all disappointed in us :sigh:

The panic the first time you hit that Ban the Blighter button :yikes: and the times you step back and have a conversation with yourself checking that what you've written is as the Boss says, "It doesn't matter who's right, but what's right.", especially when you really, really, really, want to reach down the internet and grab some eejit by the thrapple and choke some sense into him.

There's also the satisfaction when you rip apart a cretinous spammer's net of deceit, though :D and the friendships and the thank-you's from folks when you sort something out smoothly :D
...........and this is all after you get by the whole, "Are you sure ????", response to Tony when he asks you if you'd mod the forum :eek:

The next trick is to mind that we have wee extra buttons lying in wait among the ones we're used to as members.....took me ages to hit Quote on someone's post instead of Edit :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thankfully British Red was courteous about it, even though he was probably alternatively fuming or laughing himself silly at my clutziness :rolleyes: but there are a couple of other threads that totally disappeared into the ether never to be seen again :eek: We're not quite sure just how I managed it, but they don't even exist on back ups :dunno: Several years ago now right enough, and I think I finally got the hang of shift to Removed Posts instead :)

Eventually you log in and realise that there's no-one else on who has the magic buttons, and oh god there's the worst kind of spam :yuck: and you just have to get on with it and find someway to stop it spreading while banning the blighter for life 'and' removing all his filth :(
One of the reasons the new newbie system came into play.

On t'other hand, I'm still winning the Mod's comp for the fastest ban on record :D Touch typing finally came in useful :D
Challenge on ! Shewie and Sam :D :D

atb,
M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Meh - everyone should practice editing my posts - do 'em the world of good :)

Its only the internet at the end of the day - not important like the damned blight on my spuds :(

Well done Shewie - well deserved an all that

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh, blight's nasty :(
It's been so damp (hah! understatement, sodden wet :sigh: the burn that's normally about eight inches deep is near eight feet just now) that the plants in the greenhouse have broken out in powdery mildew.......and so has the fomes I boiled up and left spread out in there to dry off :sigh:
No where near as serious as a potentially failed spud harvest, but really annoying.

M

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Awww you guys, bless the lot of you

Stu, your birthday immunity has just run out, I've got all sorts of fancy buttons and my fingers are getting itchy lol :)

I'm working on the badges Pete, top idea mate :)

Thanks to Mary for educating me on some new words once again, I'm gonna have to start a little book one day.

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well - I congratulated you on MO'Ts thread so - congrats to you both again ... just to be even handed ... no favouritism here ... got to be equally nice to the new guys with the kill buttons...
:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE