Are there any Auto electricians among us ??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I was looking for some pointers please, i recently bought a Mercedes Sprinter 311 , 06 plate.It has developed some electrical probs the indicators are working when they feel like it and there are no side lights??Any ideas people?

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
just the fuse dont know anything about electrics but if u put the indicator arm up or down and nothing happens,if u touch the fuses it will come on ??

Stood

Feb 21, 2012
Lancashire
Hi Gill,

If pressing the fuse makes it work then it's a problem with the fuse/box. If the fuse when pressed is moving sideways and working it would suggest a loose fuse holder, the hole where the fuse fits is metal lined to be a socket or all is moving and the wire/s at the back of the socket are loose.

Try another fuse.

Try a fuse that you have twisted the two blades slightly so the fuse is a tighter fit.

Try a thin screwdriver and with everything switched off or the battery disconnected fiddle with the sides of the socket to move the metal lining towards the middle so it grips the fuse tighter.

Unscrew fuse box and see if the wiring at the rear is loose or that particular socket has a problem others don't have.

Charring around the socket may be a sign of a loose fitting.

If the socket is damaged/burnt or? Is their a spare fuse place that is not in use if so swap wires to that one and see how you go.

If none of the above find someone who knows more than you to have a look, I do appreciate that is why you have posted this problem!

Hope you get sorted

Boots

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE