are leather straps comfy???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Evening all.
Im just in the process of pimping my 58pattern ruccksack but being part of a webbing set it has no straps, id realy like to put some nice leather straps on it but how comfy are they once there worn in a little of course, the pack is quite small around 30L so wont be carrying much weight. Also how wide should i make them 1.5 inch?
Any other ideas for pack mods will be great too although i have quite a few in progress :)

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Thanks for that buddy do you think 1.5 inch is enough width.
Iv thought about a poncho roll on the top and a small blanket on the bottom. I want a real traditional looking pack very square shaped and simple i might even remove the side pockets.
Il be sure to post a thread when its done. Just waiting for some wax parrafin and brass buckles at the moment hopefully have them for the weekend. Cheers mate

MattB

Jul 9, 2012
UK
I could suggest a few mods for the '58 pattern 'large' pack, but they mostly involve dousing it in some sort of flammable liquid and setting it on fire...

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
wider is better also softer too - you'll work them in over time neatsfoot oil will help too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE