Are dpm windproof trousers still around or replaced by another version?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Monk

Forager
Jun 20, 2004
outandabout
There used to be a windproof dpm trouser which was very light material and quick drying...not your regular combats!

Are these still floating around or have they been replaced by something else? I have not seen these trousers for some time and am curious as to whether they are extinct.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Do you mean the trousers with the wind flap at the front. As the PCS aka MTP is being introduced, no doubt certain clothes will eventually be produced.

Monk

Forager
Jun 20, 2004
outandabout
MikeLA,
the Arctic windproof and the SAS windproof.....the light cotton ones not the poly green lightweights.

bikething,
:eek: the trousers are supposed to resist the wind from, ahem, outside the fabric.
Wind inside is your responsibility.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Yep- still on issue from our stores with the windproof smock. Some prefer them, but to be honest, they don't seem to dry out quicker than s95 trousers. Velcro closer on hip pockets, two button pockets at the back, velcro opening on lower leg to enable putting on without takling off boots, and metal buckle/short fabric strap closure at the front. The arctic version is different, and is lined with a second layer of fabric. I prefer the tropical combats for being much quicker drying.

Monk

Forager
Jun 20, 2004
outandabout
Thanks for the reply, Lord Poncho.

I take it the trousers are a handy source of patch material and buttons to fix a windproof smock.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE