Archery and spear throwing at Flag Fen 5-6 Sept 09

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

palmnut

Forager
Aug 1, 2006
N51° W002°
As I often see questions and posts about archery on this forum, I thought you might like to know that the Prehistoric Archery and Atlatl Society will be taking part in the Primitive Weapons weekend at the Flag Fen archaeological site near Peterborough this coming weekend (5 & 6 September). We expect to have several members there showing and demonstrating their primitive self-bows, arrows, spear throwers (atlatls) and (if Steve is there) bronze swords and medieval crossbows etc; who knows what weapons will turn up?

I'll hopefully be there, generating piles of shavings and wood chips as I try to convert perfectly good staves of hazel and field-maple into working bows (or possibly fire-wood :).

If you're in the Peterborough area and fancy a visit to Flag Fen, do drop in to see us (subject to the usual Flag Fen entry fees I'm afraid) - if you have primitive bows you've made yourself, bring them along to show them off!

Details of getting to Flag Fen are here:

http://www.flagfen.org/index.php?s=2

Peter

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE