Anyone Used Five fingers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Geordie9

Forager
Oct 25, 2010
Hampshire
I couldn't get on with them in the shop but I have seen a nice pair of Merrell now do a barefoot that I might get. I do see alot of people down the gym wearing them so them must be ok.

bradleybuckman

Forager
Jun 25, 2010
Kentucky, USA
I have 2 pairs and they work fine. But, they can be a bit frustrating getting your toes in and out of the separate toe pockets sometimes. I have a few pairs of the Merrell Barefoot shoes, and I prefer them over the Five Fingers. Much easier to get on and off, and people don't look at you as strangely as with the Fiver Fingers. I will caution you to slowly get your feet used to them so that you don't make the same mistake that I did, and you're left feeling like someone beat the bottoms of your feet with a baseball bat.

Here is a link to the Merrell website with a little more info.
http://www.merrell.com/US/en/Men-Footwear-Shoes-Barefoot

i have been running on them since October 2011 I really like them. I also use the merrell barefoot for longer than 24 km distances. it might take a while for your feet to get strong enough to wear them for long periods of time or distance

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I have been using minimalist shoes for three years and would not go back.I have two pairs of vff's and they do what they say on the tin. Comfy, light almost feels like there is nothing on your feet However i find i use them for hiking and running rather than day to day activities mainly i suppose because they do look quite odd. My best all round barefoot shoe is the Soft Star moc. It looks like a normal shoe, is really comfortable and will take you anywhere. Only available from the US though.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I've had a pair for about a couple of years, I like them a lot, don't run in them much, but great for walking.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I love mine but won'b buy any more. They wear out too fast for my use. I think that in the woods and on dirt roads small stuff gets in between the toes and abrade away the material. Apart from that not so little detail I love them, and used them whenever possible all summer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE