Anyone recommend a cheap (good quality) double airbed please?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AndyD

Settler
Dec 20, 2011
North East England
Looking for a cheap,decent quality double airbed.

I'm after something that will last,every other one we've had only seems to last one holiday before it ends up in the bin!

Any recommendations please?

Cheers,
Andy

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
yep :)

just got one ourselves, google "inflatable guest bed" these are proper sized inflatable double beds, Argos do a great king size one :)

( just to add, these are for car camping as they are not light weight ! )

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Just don't go to the expense of getting one with a built in electric pump. The bed will burst before the motor gives out leaving you with a pump built into a useless bed.

TTFN,
GB.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
We have the cheap Gelert double and its fine. Just dont lend if to your brother or it will come back full of holes :mad:

Just remember they are incredibly cold to sleep on even in mild weather. Thin foam mats under the bed help as does a thin sleeping bag opened out on top of the mattress held in place with an elasticated bed sheet.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
We have the cheap Gelert double and its fine. Just dont lend if to your brother or it will come back full of holes :mad:

Just remember they are incredibly cold to sleep on even in mild weather.......

Depends on what you define as mild. You just ain't gonna get cold when it's 85f or above; you're gonna sweat.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Depends on what you define as mild. You just ain't gonna get cold when it's 85f or above; you're gonna sweat.

I mean UK mild mate, so 12-15deg c?
You wouldn't notice that kind of temps if you were on the floor but on a foot thick bag of air with no insulation..

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I mean UK mild mate, so 12-15deg c?
You wouldn't notice that kind of temps if you were on the floor but on a foot thick bag of air with no insulation..

Yeah that's not really cold here either for Autumn or Spring; but it's definitely not Summer temps.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Yeah that's not really cold here either for Autumn or Spring; but it's definitely not Summer temps.

My self the missus and the boy were out last year in our "summer" and this is when I found out how cold they can be. You just have no chance of warming that kind of volume even with two of you. Works fine with an insulating layer underneath and ontop.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Whichever you for will benefit from a ground sheet to help protect from punctures. Self adhesive Velcro tabs on it and a cheap roll mat will stop the mat shifting and the insulation is welcome in cooler weather; I do this on my cot bed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE