anyone playing 5th Edition D&D?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
So, anyone playing 5th edition? I'm starting up a little group to play now and then, just wondered what people thought.

Seems good, there's a few things that i'm going to have to get my head around though...

Just need to start playing :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
D&D is something I've never played despite me really enjoy fantasy fiction from a very early age. :dunno:

Oh well, a bit too old to get into it now :rolleyes:

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
You're never too old to lop the head off a goblin...

Saying that, although I always wanted to play those games I never did. Never seemed to find a group of people who shared my goblin blood lust.

Where in Wales are you Tony?

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
Ed, myself and our group we play 3rd edition with a smattering of 3.5, I believe there is only a little difference between them. I have quite a few gigs worth of PDF's that I obtained recently, if there is anything I have or can help give us a bell.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Over between carmarthen and cardigan :D

Yeah Steve, never too old :D

Yeah, we did some 3.5 etc, the 5th is supposed to be a lot closer to the 2nd edition but with the best bits from the others added on, we'll that's what I've read :D The kids I've got together are all teens, my kids and friends so I figured I'd get them started on what's current for them and see where it goes, they're all excited, I've got them a dice set and a little velvet pouch :D

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
Have either of you seen the roll20 online gaming site/app. Its great for long distance roleplaying. The last game i played with a russian two americans a german and an american in lithuiania.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Mesquite, your not too old, ive been playing for 34 years

Vin Diesel is a known celebrity player, and of coarse Wil Wheaton. neither are exactly young.

Im still playing 2nd edition and have been for almost 30 years, apart from using the players option, have seen no need to buy more books and move on to another edition.

Pathfinder is highly rated as a system thats compatible with DnD

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
D&D is something I've never played despite me really enjoy fantasy fiction from a very early age. :dunno:

Oh well, a bit too old to get into it now :rolleyes:

me neither I went down the warhammer route as a kid advanced hero quest rather than the table top battle stuff though

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Advanced was my favourite, I think because that's what got me into it and it was all so simple, if you had a good DM it just flowed....it got more and more complicated after that and I'm hoping that 5th will bring back a bit of that simplicity...Well, with me DMing it will be simple!

I enjoyed WH40K, chaos Squat army, that tells you how long ago it was :D

pixelseventy2

May 11, 2015
Stoke-on-Trent
I always wanted to play D&D, but never had anyone to play with. Did some warhammer as a lad. Recently got into board games instead. One I'm really enjoying is Descent, Journeys in the Dark. A bit like Hero Quest, it's a dungeon crawl, coop or hero vs DM, and there are things to paint too :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE