Anyone here inverted their surplus Swedish Stove kit to use wood fuel?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I was looking at my surplus Swedish Stove kit yesterday (stainless steel, with windscreen and Svea meth stove) and wondered if anyone had tried flipping the windsceen upside down and used it to burn wood.

The open where the handle inserts is not very big, but you could place small twigs in it for heat.

Anyone try it? Was there enough ventilation?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I've burned wood in mine before now - ran 'short' of meths. I didn't bother turning it over though, just used it as I would normally.

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
I was looking at my surplus Swedish Stove kit yesterday (stainless steel, with windscreen and Svea meth stove) and wondered if anyone had tried flipping the windsceen upside down and used it to burn wood.

The open where the handle inserts is not very big, but you could place small twigs in it for heat.

No, but as I'm intrigued and on holiday I'll try it when the rain stops long enough for me to light the fire! I'll let you know how efficient/easy/effective it proves to be.
PS I think my windshield is steel with the pans being aluminium.
Alan

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
i was thinking of making a steel windscreen so i could use it as a woodburner/hobo stove. the oval shape makes it complicated thow and the ridge of the small pan would get in the way.

pete

wizzzard

Sep 15, 2008
Stalybridge

I have used mine the right way up to burn small twigs etc. Other than soot blackening the Billy it wooks fine. Just lift the Billy out to drop in more fuel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE