Any SLR (Self Loading Rifle) enthusiasts?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Probably due to that odd lunatic who thinks popping in to Tesco with his knife still on makes him look cool and bush crafty, when in fact the Police end up turning out. The few ruin it for the majority normally.

They'd love eating breakfast during deer season at Waffle House or Shoney's over here (both are similar to Little Chef over there) It's normal for the hunters to show before daylight for breakfast in their camos and with knives on their belt along with an occassional revolver while their long guns hang in plain view in the gun racks in the back winshield of the truck and the dogs barking from the kennels on the back of the trucks. Not one or two hunters mind you; but ten or twelve at a time.

Mind you I've shown up at much nicer restaurants in the evening after a hunt still wearing my blood soaked hunting clothes and knife.

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Mine didnt last 3 months in Afghan, utter tosh quality, made by the cheapest bidder to an astounding poor standard. Good idea but doesnt actually blend in anywhere.
Local orders have long since ignored what clothing trials have found to be best practice, what wonderful Army sense it is spending 1000's on trials to ignore them.

Would you prefer to use our standard? The majority of our combat uniforms are made by Federal Prison Industries. Service uniforms also but those have a better quality approved commercial alternative available for purchace by the individual GI..

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
Would you prefer to use our standard? The majority of our combat uniforms are made by Federal Prison Industries. Service uniforms also but those have a better quality approved commercial alternative available for purchace by the individual GI..
USMC uniform was better quality than ours in my opinion.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
USMC uniform was better quality than ours in my opinion.

The Marines are indeed an exception (currently anyway) They are actively getting input from the jarheads in the field about what they want in their equipment as well as their uniforms and getting the it issued quickly. Their ILBE is very much covetted by the rest of the services.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE