Any serious cyclists out there ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Firstly i must declare an interest here, this is my future son-in-law.

As some of you may have discovered, i'm not best keen on cyclists, however i think this product is well worth a look and i can vouch for the hard work and dedication these lads have put in to get to this point.

The product is launched on Saturday

I / we would be interested in any feedback from the cycling fraternity

http://prefundia.com/projects/view/imprint-bicycle-grips/460/#project-creator-dashboard

I'm not sure I'm fully aware of the situation. One of the guys selling this is your future son-in-law? And you are looking for feedback for him?

If so, I think it looks like a really neat product. Most lock on ergo grips go for roughly the same price point, so they will definitely be good competition for the big bike companies in the grip market. Only thing is they do not cater to the road bike crowd right now. Those guys, as well as the hardcore downhill cyclists spend a fortune on gear. If they could design some sort of drop bar grip system it would open their market a little more.

Good luck!

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I don't get the idea, when I am out on my mountain bike my hand move around the grip a bit depending if in saddle or not, if going down hill it is some times needed to have hang out over the rear wheel, so this would hinder a good grip

The same stuff made into a seat would be good.

PLEASE!!!!

Some women end up paying a fortune for seats or give up cycling.

This is a common complaint of new cyclists. The fact of the matter is, it just takes a while to get used to it, and also a little bit of making sure you ave the right seat shape. You can measure your sit bones to see how wide of a seat you will need. The "self molding seat" kind of already exists, it just takes a few hundred kms to work in.

Brooks England

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
What the Max said.

Requirements also depend very much on the type of cycling you are doing.

If riding for sustained periods (over 4 hours without a break), then being able to move your hand about, alter the pressure points, becomes very important.
Short rides off-road? Grip is very very important.

I suspect riders of drop-bar bikes would be interested in a product that allows them to create a custom-shape on the drops and flats - I would.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE