any one able to teach me netting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 14, 2012
uk
hi
found a tutorial on youtube on how to make very simple nets and you dont even need a needle and i now have the hang of this but would like to learn how to do it the proper way with the net board thing and needle but have had a vary hard time learning this off youtube so wondered if any one on here could maybe teach me maybe for a few quid ;) am looking to be able to make purse nets for ferreting eventually :cool:

Net making is one of those great activities you can do around the camp fire. I would have found it difficult or hard to learn netting via the net ( no pun intended :p ) and it is much better when you are shown even if they do get sick of being asked about bunny ears.
There are various ways to make a net, some people prefer to hang the net between two tress and make the net that way, the other way that I do is to peg one end into the ground and expand the net a row at a time.

As Ogri suggested netting is taught at the moot each year where someone will show how to make the netting needle and then another lesson to make the net or make a start at least. Or if you could get along to one of your local meets someone may be able to show you.

Mar 14, 2012
uk
thanks for the help i shall try to find a local meet and get to it i am only about 10-15 mins away from the egerton site used for the bushcraft magazine annual meet and get to that each year

i think the net i made is called a gill net??? :confused:

and will try to get to the sussex meet maybe by train and shall politely speak to kepis and see if he can help

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
why am i about 1.30 hours from you :( shall see if i can find any one local or i may be able to get the train up to the sussex meet

I can always come to your part of the world, i have some work coming up just over the Sussex/Kent border in January, i'll drop you the details nearer the time and if close by you might be able to pop up the the woods i will in, barring that, a Sussex meet it will have to be.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE