ants

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
i was in the woods yesterday when i was loads of ants going up and down an oak tree. from the base of the tree i followed their little 'ant motorway' to see how far they had come from. the trail must have been a good 100m long untill i finally reached their nest. it was the biggest i'v ever seen, must have been neerly 4 feet tall!:yikes:

so what where they upto? i couldn't see high enough up the tree to see where they where going.
what is worth all the effort of a 100m walk then assend into a tree???!

pete

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
It must have the right sap,bark taste, they are building some whoppers this year, my local woods and forests are packed with them, whereas last year they were quite sporadic, perhapse the cold winter has given them a shake up to be preppared this year.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Saw my first ariel ants nests this year. I was given some willow offcuts for basketry. I left them in water and they sprouted. Planted three in pots and I noticed some black stuff right at the end of all the branches. Closer look saw it was covered in ants with eggs under them.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
i was in the woods yesterday when i was loads of ants going up and down an oak tree. from the base of the tree i followed their little 'ant motorway' to see how far they had come from. the trail must have been a good 100m long untill i finally reached their nest. it was the biggest i'v ever seen, must have been neerly 4 feet tall!:yikes:

I saw couple which were taller than me in France this summer, I've got some pics on the camera so I'll put them up later

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE