Antique shop bargain knives??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
i was walking past an old antique shop in my town for the first time since my interest in knives has grown. thought i'd pop in on the off chance and picked up these two for a tenner.

one is a frosts mora (the darker handled one), and has no sheath, and the other is a brusletto troll with original sheath.

did i get a bargain? can anyone give me anymore info on the knives. had a bit of a google but thought i would ask the experts :)

Attachments

• troll and mora.jpg
    troll and mora.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 142
  • troll and mora 002.jpg
    troll and mora 002.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 183
  • troll and mora 003.jpg
    troll and mora 003.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 205
  • troll and mora 001.jpg
    troll and mora 001.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 174

Urban_Dreamer

Jan 8, 2009
Rochdale
so anyone tell me owt about these knives??

What do you want to know, because I can tell you that I don't know it all. For example I don't know who owned them.
However
Frosts is a VERY respected Scandinavian maker. They still produce today in a huge range from plastic handled knives with great quality blades (I got one for less than £3), to more traditional models that cost more. IMHO you got a bargain.
Mora is a town, well known for making knives.

It's a bit like reading William Rodgers, Sheffield on a knife. (You might get more help over at www.britishblades.com when they are back on line)

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
The Frosts one looks like there small carver/ whittler, I have one that I purchased from Lurch, very handy item.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
The small Frosts looks the same as my carving knife, which is a very useful little blade for carving all sorts of things. The other one I dont know anything about but it has a different handle on itb that I quite like.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
what a bargain mate, the troll looks great i have a little brushletto, i cant for the life of me think of its name but it hold a great edge. i think its the balder, it small but great for those intricate carving bits.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Brusletto makes some really nice blades. I have their Hunter, and worked a with their Speiderkniv quite a bit. Good knives for their money, but incredible knives for a tenner!

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
You definitely got a bargain for a tenner Very good catch indeed

I think (I may well be wrong) these are both blades that have been handled rather than production knives so they are unique

That sheath looks like the one that comes with a Troll kit rather than either version of the production knives
To identify which blade the Frosts is; it would be helpful if you could give some some dimensions

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE