Another sleeping bag question.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Firstly as I am new here I will say Hi to you all.

At the moment I have a Highlander and its crap, I need to upgrade.I would not mind a Alpkit pipedream , but there is always a waiting list as you all know.

I have now narrowed it down to either the snugpak elite 3 (£69.99) or the elite 4 (£72.99). These are the best prices I have found so far for these bags.

I would like to know if any of you have one of these bags and your verdicts on them. I will be wild camping in England , Scotland and Wales. I have not done any winter trips since my Army days, but I will be planning some for next winter, so I suppose I should be leaning towards the elite 4.

I will be using a tarp and ground mat more than likely in England and Wales and tent in Scotland, I think this info makes a difference when deciding which bag.

Any advice please, even if it is steer clear of these bags.

Thank you
Mike

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I had the Elite 4 for a couple of years and really rated it, it's downsides are it's packed size and weight. Very toasty although probably a bit snug on big folk.

The zip was prone to catching but easily fixed by strategic finger placement whilst closing :)

The Pipedreams are great bags, I've got two already (400 & 600) and would probably even get the big 800 if I was ever heading for the Arctic. If you can wait for the next batch then I'd say go for it, when you compare specs to all the other down bag producers the nearest matches are always twice the price. Get on the waiting list and be patient if you can, failing that get the Elite and sacrifice a bit more pack space and load weight.

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Thanks for that Rich, think I will probably go for the elite 4. I think I read some where that the pipedreams will not be available until March/ April. I have a trip to Sca fell planned for March, and also a trip to Dartmoor for the first time the same month.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
elite 3 will go down quite small if you use a different compression sack, event ones are best, waterproof and let the air out but not back in. And will be enough for your needs,

jimp

Settler
Nov 8, 2008
cleveland uk.
hi, had an elite 4, very good, just got an elite 5, very warm but heavier and more bulk, will have to re-asses my load carrying.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE