Another piece of paradise for sale- British Columbia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
I just saw this here and thought to myself what a reasonable price for a 2000 square foot fully modern log home on 160 acres, considering the price of property these days. $350,000 equals roughly 216,000 GBP. Lots of houses in a city cost a lot more than this.
http://bcforsalebyowner.com/view/3611
I've never been to the Prince George area but it looks nice enough.
No special reason for posting, just thought it might be of interest.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
That £215000 would get you a 3 bedroom house with a garden here.. But then everything is cheap across the pond..

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
That £215000 would get you a 3 bedroom house with a garden here.. But then everything is cheap across the pond..

Partly true. Land prices are effected by many variables. It gets cheaper per acre if you can by larger acreage in more rural ares, more expensive for small pieces in town (urban house lot) Also how close to a beach? Good schools? The list of variables is endless.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
bb07, I think I remember a thread on BCUSA there was a short discussion on the restrictions of non-Canadians owning real estate in Canada. IIRC the restrictions varied by province?

Beautiful house. I can only guess what the rest of the 1/4 section is like (and wish)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Well if you consider America is over 40 times the size of Britain but with only around 6 times the population there's going to be plenty to go around!

Canadas even biggerand even less populated so again it'll be cheap.

Nearly all of the land here is privately owned and a single acre of uneven land will set you back about £12000. In Wales I hear the land is the most expensive. You don't get alot for your money here, it's a shame.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land

Mahikan

Tenderfoot
Jul 22, 2008
Canada
www.mahikan.ca
I just saw this here and thought to myself what a reasonable price for a 2000 square foot fully modern log home on 160 acres, considering the price of property these days. $350,000 equals roughly 216,000 GBP. Lots of houses in a city cost a lot more than this.
http://bcforsalebyowner.com/view/3611
I've never been to the Prince George area but it looks nice enough.
No special reason for posting, just thought it might be of interest.
It's a stunning area I know it well, my brother lives there. Amazing bush land!

Mahikan

Tenderfoot
Jul 22, 2008
Canada
www.mahikan.ca
Partly true. Land prices are effected by many variables. It gets cheaper per acre if you can by larger acreage in more rural ares, more expensive for small pieces in town (urban house lot) Also how close to a beach? Good schools? The list of variables is endless.

Excellent schools, good bush land so no beach, 30 min from Prince George is a great distance away and PG has all the amenities a person would need, good airport, etc etc etc

Mahikan

Tenderfoot
Jul 22, 2008
Canada
www.mahikan.ca
Hmmm, it also looks like just the place I want to buy, I'm looking for a minimum of 160 acres, rather a complete half section, but a quarter will do. May have to look into it a little closer - excellent moose country, I hunt there with my brother once a year and there is plenty of game...

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Excellent schools, good bush land so no beach, 30 min from Prince George is a great distance away and PG has all the amenities a person would need, good airport, etc etc etc

You've talked me into it. Unfortunately it's beyond my finances right now. Out of curiosity though, what are the millage rates there? And is there a homestead exemption?

mbiraman

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
West Kootenays,BC
As someone who lives in BC the deal feels a little fishy. The price seems too low and wonder if there is a reason why.Could be wrong tho. I used to work up there long before the pine beetle hit , before housing prices skyrocketed, and the forest industry took a dive. They could be just bailing out but considering Germans love the area, have been buying land and building log houses recreating the wild west i'm surprised this even got on the market.. Not a problem for people from other countries to buy BC land or homes. There is allot of open space up there with roads everywhere as it has been heavily logged but when your in the trees your in the trees. Quesnel, south of PG is the artistic hub of the area,,and your not too far from one of the best canoeing parks in the world, Bowron Park.

bill

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE