An Introduction...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 10, 2017
lowestoft
Hello everyone, and thank you to Tony for the warm welcome e-mail.

I'm 49, father of four and have never camped in my entire life - unless you count blankets over chairs in the back garden as a kid. My father wasn't one of those outdoors blokes so I never got the chance to lay under a tarp or in a tent listening to the rain on the fabric. I listen to it all the time though as on YouTube there are thousands of clips, some over ten hours long, of rain on a tent, storms, high winds and incessant rain through to a simple mountain stream trickle. Helps me sleep. Although I do find myself going to the bathroom more, lol.

I'm 6' 6" and have a long history of back problems. This has often hindered my ability to get out there and sleep under the stars. But having just completed a long course of treatment and a couple of op's, I now find myself in the position of finally being able to do something I have wanted to do for decades. I have bought everything necessary [got a lot of military surplus gear as money is an issue. Plus I like to re-use and up-cycle where I can and the army stuff [British, Swedish, Russian, German, etc] I found online is extremely good value for the money.

I watch and subscribe to a lot of YouTube channels like Survival Russia, Far North Bushcraft, Carlisle, funkyprepper, etc. I can literally watch them for hours on end, always learning this and that. Plus some are kind enough to reply to comments and questions.

I'm a humble Suffolk boy, who likes to laugh along with and or/at myself. I'm here simply to learn more and hopefully find a place where I can feel at home about asking a question and not feel like a plank, lol. If there is by some longshot something I can actually help or have an opinion on then I will be happy to do so and join in. I don't know how much I will be about, but hopefully at least several times a week.

So, that's some stuff about me. Hope I didn't drone on for too long and I'll see you all around I suppose. :)

Scott

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE