Amazing History-Pictures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbie Roberson

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Tennessee, U.S.A.
This link was posted on another forum in USA and I just had to get it over here for you all to look at, it is about life a long time ago near my home, in fact I live very close to the Smoky Mountains, so when I saw these old pictures, it really made me feel good. If this link fails to work in the future, let me know and I will try to help.

You can spend a very long time here, be sure and search "data base", upper right hand corner, lots more here. Click on each pic to enlarge, and it does not hurt to have a magnifier handy. :rolleyes:

http://www.wcu.edu/library/digitalcoll/kephart/onlineexhibit/index.htm

Robbie Roberson ;)

P.S. Hope this has not been posted before......... :p

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
If it has been posted before, I've not seen it

That's an interesting site, Robbie
Many thanks

Is there an online source for the book? Or is it an Amazon moment?

Why can't there be more collections displayed like that? Most virtual exhibits only give a small snapshot of the subject matter

Robbie Roberson

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Tennessee, U.S.A.
Great, I am hesitant to post some things because I think it may be a repeat link. Not sure about a book, I ask the same question. I plan to do a little more research and see if a book is available, if so I shall have one.

There is so much to see here if you read between the lines, many pics show much more than the eye can see. This is exactly as the mountains are near me, in fact one story mentions a lost hiker that went through Maryville, Tennessee,......... that is where I live, which is at the foot of the Great Smoky Mountains.

Of course old pics like this are in every state and country, but what brings us all together is that they are all old and each tells a story of history from that area.

Robbie Roberson ;)

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
If you're a fan of Nessmuk and Kephart and their cutlery, there's some real treasures there. This page, for instance, is pretty neat:

kephartsheathknifev2.jpg

Knife ads like this are incredible.

Kephart and Nessmuk tools

And here's some cool drawings of Nessmuk's knives:

nessmuksknives1b.jpg

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
This was posted on another forum.

"Kephart's notes on knives give the dimensions of Nessmuk's clasp knife. 5-1/8 long closed, 4-1/8-inch blade one inch wide. Pretty much a standard single blade slip joint folding hunter."

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE