Amadou preparation in saltpetre, problem

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lake

Jun 7, 2009
I have some amadou, waiting for preparation. I also have saltpetre (KNO3) to soak in, but don't know the exact proportion. I don't want to overdo it with kno3, i have heard that it will make it burn like dynamit fuse and I don't want that happen, don't want to destroy the amadou. Know somebody the right recipe, how much saltpetre i must boil in?

(?g) in 1L water?

Thanks for your help!

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I have some amadou, waiting for preparation. I also have saltpetre (KNO3) to soak in, but don't know the exact proportion. I don't want to overdo it with kno3, i have heard that it will make it burn like dynamit fuse and I don't want that happen, don't want to destroy the amadou. Know somebody the right recipe, how much saltpetre i must boil in?

(?g) in 1L water?

Thanks for your help!

what has worked for me is to keep adding saltpetre until no more will dissolve in the volume of warm water needed to cover the amount of amaduo you are preparing. OH and leave it to soak/seep for at least an hour.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE