Always check the sell by date

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
B&M's, couldn't resist buying 8 for a quid. Just add water. Cover for 4 mins then add sachets.

I've got 12 days to eat all 32 packs. :lmao:

Ko%20Lee%20Noodles_zpsgapek9xs.jpg

Ko%20Lee%20Noodles2_zpsxdoytlk0.jpg

Taste excellent though so 32 packs is achievable.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
i really would not want to see the state of your chocolate starfish and toilet once you are through all those

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Sell by date isn't the same as use by date. Dry noodles will last for ages so I wouldn't worry about using these past their sell by date. Tons of perfectly edible food is wasted each year in this country because of sell by dates - all foods need to have one. Use by dates are another thing though as they relate to likelihood of food spoilage - even then there is a built in safety margin so you've usualky got another couple of days if the food has been appropriately stored. That's the key phrase though - if you leave your pack of sausages out in the sun on a hot day, the use by date won't mean squiddly - assuming that the local wildlife hasn't strolled off with them in the meantime!

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Yeah will be fine AND more importantly you'll avoid dragons nostril syndrome. Sphincter twitching just at the thought of that. Reminds me of the saying 'don't let the bottom fall out of your world - eat madras and let the world fall out of your bottom' :lmao:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
If it doesn't look off, doesn't smell off, and doesn't taste off, then it probably isn't off. This is true regardless of any dates printed on the packaging. It is how people used to judge things before food became packaged.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Arrange a Noodle Camp :) A full weekend in the woods with nothing but noodles... heaven!

Ohh yeah - try the various Mama brand Thai instant noodles MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Well - that is all I can say after some of them - very spicy :)

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Don't worry about the sell by date on noodles. I found a packet of ramen in the cupboard way back on the top shelf two years out of date. Tasted nice with a splash of hot sauce.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
They'll be fine for years man, doesn't stick in your throat it won't stick anywhere else! Howling laughing at some of the imagry being used here by yourself, Rob and the phrase "sphincter twitching" by herbalist1 :lmao:
On the slightly elderly food bidding war I've eaten and MRE that was a Kosovo veteran. And a bottle of lager (vaux scorpion) that stopped being made before I was born. Totally fine from them and actually not bad lol

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I always have a wee inward smile when I see sell by dates on honey and salt, two of the earliest means of preservation. That and the water that's advertised as taking millions of years to filter through rocks but will go off in the bottle. I know it's down to seals on packets but it's still funny.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE