Alp Kit Vs Gore Tex

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SSgg

Jun 16, 2014
Ireland
I hoping to buy a better Bivi bag, I currently use a DD hammock and tarp which works very well.

But I am hoping to try something different, I was looking at Bivi bags I could use without a tarp in good weather.

I can't choose between Alp Kit bivi bag and a ex army gore tex bag. Both in the same price range but where you compare breathable fabric and waterproofing they both have there advantages and disadvantages.

Any advice on which is better would be hugely appreciated

Thanks!

Bluffer

Nomad
Apr 12, 2013
North Yorkshire
The MOD issue bivvy bags are heavier than lightweight solo tents.

They have been replaced recently with a lightweight version, but the chance of buying one on ebay right now is very unlikely.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
No experience of the German bag but totally agree with Bluffer about the weight of the uk bag. I have an alp kit one as well and it is much lighter but also very much smaller. I'm a fairly broad shouldered sort of chap and I find it really too tight for me to the point where I'm only really keeping it because I'm a secret kit hoarder.........and.........I might pass it down to my son at some point :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE