Allan Blade Field Puukko first impressions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
I received my Allan Blade Field Puukko today. I ordered this one a while ago when he announced this line of affordable (less than 50$) blades. He are my first impressions:

fp_0.jpg

The Field Puukko has a nice thin blade with a perfect flat grind. There is a very tiny secondary edge, but it is hardly noticable. The edge came razor sharp. The only thing that I would change is the spine. It is rounded off, but I would like to see a bit of it squared for the firesteel. A file session will fix that.

fp_1.jpg

The micarta handle is shaped superb and feels very comfortable. It is a bit longer than the Alan Wood Woodlore which is perfect for me. The knife seems to be a full tang model, but the handle is wrapped around the tang, giving it a real scandinavian touch.

fp_2.jpg

I was no big fan of kydex, but it just works with this knife. The kydex sheath combines very well with the blade coating and the handle colour. The knife also snaps away very secure and is easy to withdraw - perfect for a utility/camp knife. I will include a picture later - just realized that I did not make a picture of it.

For dimensions, here are some comparison pictures with a SWAK. The puukko is a bit thicker and has a higher grind.

fp_mora.jpg

I did some whittling, cut a featherstick and chopped up a buch of carrots for dinner. It still shaves.

-Emile

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Looks like a bargain!

Funny that after hacking up all sorts of things, a good knife will still shaveyou nicely but after shaving, my razor probably wouldn't be able to peel an apple :?:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE