All quiet on the north eastern front!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
sshhhhh i'm enjoying the peace and quite after the relaxing brockwell meet :) never thought i would be going home to unwind !!!

jamie hope the legs healing enjoy the lazing about and get mrs digger to run after you,after telling you to get up for being soft ;)

mrs toilet digger

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2011
tynemouth
sshhhhh i'm enjoying the peace and quite after the relaxing brockwell meet :) never thought i would be going home to unwind !!!

jamie hope the legs healing enjoy the lazing about and get mrs digger to run after you,after telling you to get up for being soft ;)

in my defence , we do have what jamie describes as a 'robust' relationship- but yes perhaps i could have been a more sypmathetic rather than being obtructive and failing to see the gravity of the situation (was not at my best with too much drink) .
But rest assured i am at his beck and call , and making sure he is as comfortable as possible - i even empty his wee bottle he uses during the night... you can't deny that must be love!!x

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
in my defence , we do have what jamie describes as a 'robust' relationship- but yes perhaps i could have been a more sypmathetic rather than being obtructive and failing to see the gravity of the situation (was not at my best with too much drink) .
But rest assured i am at his beck and call , and making sure he is as comfortable as possible - i even empty his wee bottle he uses during the night... you can't deny that must be love!!x

bless emptying his wee bottle who says romance is dead :lmao:

yep the only gravity you saw on that night was the one keeping your bum firmly planted to the ground and the one bringing up the puke :(

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
To be fair I think the 'specific gravity' of the wine may have also featured a little bit too :-D

Just because I'm not doing anything special this weekend I'm sat in the garden with a couple of stellars having just finished cooking my tea on my nimblewell stove and waiting for the water to boil for my coffee on a home made meths burner.

Planning on going for a wander in the rain tomorrow with the tarp and a brew kit to collect some more pine cones for fuel.

So nice to unwind after a mega busy week being left in charge with the gaffer on holls.

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Only downside is I didn't manage to get things going with the bow drill :-C

The spelk I got in my finger last Friday eve got infected so the dressing is hampering progress somewhat. The 2000Mg of antibiotics per day are taking their toll in other ways :-C

It's such a nice evening I am even temped to rig the tarp on the washing line & bed down out here, on the air bed to keep me above any puddles caused by the comming rain.

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Only downside is I didn't manage to get things going with the bow drill :-C

Thanks to Lannyman for that :-D

The spelk I got in my finger last Friday eve got infected so the dressing is hampering progress somewhat. The 2000Mg of antibiotics per day are taking their toll in other ways :-C

It's such a nice evening I am even temped to rig the tarp on the washing line & bed down out here, on the air bed to keep me above any puddles caused by the comming rain.

d-day66

Forager
Jan 21, 2011
consett, co durham
Well i guess that about sums up a very good answer to my question...lol..

Hey Orrick! Im hoping i might get to the wood tomorrow if your free, Anyone else is welcome to lend a hand if your free.
Thanks for that info Mrs TD little too much info tho...lol! Bet it still smells of cherrys to this day!

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well i guess that about sums up a very good answer to my question...lol..

Hey Orrick! Im hoping i might get to the wood tomorrow if your free, Anyone else is welcome to lend a hand if your free.
Thanks for that info Mrs TD little too much info tho...lol! Bet it still smells of cherrys to this day!

Would have said yes, but my missus has started a new shift pattern and tomorrow is one of the few days off we have together. Can do Thursday or Friday next week?

S

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
I was wondering if anyone was up for a weekend or more expedition type thing, maybe in Scotland or something, in the new year?

Having done a few one-nighters in Brockers it would be nice to some multi-night camping and some hiking or something. I want to get to the stage where I can just head off on my own and have a bit of an adventure but I don't even know how to read a map properly. So I figured go as part of a group and learn that way.

Anyone remotely interested?

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
With that accent I had no idea you were a ponse.

by ponse do you infer that i play with an odd shape ball ''mr my country won't make it past the quarters''? :p

I was wondering if anyone was up for a weekend or more expedition type thing, maybe in Scotland or something, in the new year?

Having done a few one-nighters in Brockers it would be nice to some multi-night camping and some hiking or something. I want to get to the stage where I can just head off on my own and have a bit of an adventure but I don't even know how to read a map properly. So I figured go as part of a group and learn that way.

obviously in the immediate future i may be a little slow when it comes to a hike, but i'd be well up for it in the new year :)
me and mrs TD do a fair bit of hillwalking and i can teach you map and compass if you like.
oh and i'll PM you the numbers of points that wales beat you by on saturday :pokenest:

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Hahaha, I haven't been watching any of it but I heard on the radio that this quarter final will be the game of the tournament.

Glad to hear that you would be up for something once you are decrippleised (that is actually a word). Any ideas for a where and a what?

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne

Sounds interesting. Keep me informed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE