All Bristolians!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

odin13

Forager
May 29, 2005
bristol, england
hey, i know theres a few people from bristol, or surrounding areas on the forum, but has anyone checked out burrington coombe? i think thats how its spelt, in the mendips, i was on a scouts night hike there a while back, looks like some quite nice woodland, i only saw it in dark however, but when we were driving there, sort of late evening, the whole area looked very nice.

Alex

May 21, 2006
bristol
hello alex
your right burrington combe is a nice place to camp ive stayed there many times. there are lots of cool places to stay in this neck of the woods. if you have a 4x4 and are lazy you can drive up the byway and drop all your heavy stuff off too
charterhouse is just up the road there are some nice places to camp there too.
what part of bristol you from? im a warmley lad myself i used to go up landsdown every weekend when i was at school we built a mint bivouack up there. plenty of rabbits about (without mixy) used to have a great time.
mind you that was 15 years ago!! :rolleyes:

May 21, 2006
bristol
just up the ring road from keynsham past asda on the right down the road from kingswood.
ive moved from there now though i live out in the sticks a place called marshfield just of the A420 im surrounded by fields its great ;)

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I’ve camped in and around the “combe” as a mere boy, I seem to remember it either being wet and boggy or as hard as the rock that you were sleeping on (to get away from the boggy ground.)
West Harptree and Priddy are/were good places to pitch a camp for a night.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
odin13 said:
whereabouts are they? i havent heard of them, what part of bristol are you from tadpole?
ALEX

I grew up in Whitchurch, but now live in St George
Priddy West/East Harptree are sort of Half way between Blagdon and Wells

zoom out a bit

littlebear

Jan 16, 2007
Bristol
I'm from withywood myself, went to burrington coombe on saturday alone, it was pissing down but I had a good time. I think I saw what looked like wild ponies or they looked a bit rough if they wernt wild. They were very wary of me too, they were all the same colour and like i said a bit on the shabby side. It was my first time there and quite nice. I wasnt there long cuz the rain got real heavy. I'm going back soon to go deeper into the woods this time. I would post pics but dont know how :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE