Alice pack query

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Not many on eBay uk though mate, plenty from US with loads of shipping on top, when they do come up in the uk they tend to be about £7 for a frame.

L7 (sorry my keyboard doesn't have a pound sign) doesn't sound bad. As I said earlier, I suspect postage from the US would be high; whether high enough to dter purchace or not is up to the buyer.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It's roughly the route I've gone down but used the standard plastic Molle frame and took a hacksaw to it. I've also used the medium pack and the sleep system carrier along these lines: http://libertytreeblogs.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/building-hellcat-hybrid-ruck-from-us.html although I'm thinking of having some extra pouches sewn onto my og issue pack instead (yes I'm a self confessed kit monster! :))
Colin

These might be easier (and possibly more versatile) than sewing on pouches www.campingsurvivalgearreviews.com/molle-sustainment-pouch The descriptions vary about the size, but mine (I have the old style woodland camo) are about 10 liters each (I believe that's only about 1 liter less than the size of the bergen's "rocket pockets") They will attach to the ALICE webbing on either side of the main pack via the MOLLE webbing.

Even the smaller ones on ebay will hold at least 2 MREs each.

Last edited:

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Hi. Last time I was in Endicotts they had medium ALICE and frame for less than £30. Ive had the medium and large ALICE for years now and love em. Fits perfect with no rubbing etc. Also no mods, all as issued.

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
[QUOTE He must have been a wuss.[/QUOTE]
Actually, he's a fire fighter, so I don't think "wuss" would be appropriate:)
Rockies definitely count, and the others, after all, the Smokies are part of the same mountain chain. BTW, "humpong" in the UK is not so much "carrying" as "carrying on" so to speak.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
[QUOTE He must have been a wuss.
Actually, he's a fire fighter, so I don't think "wuss" would be appropriate:)..

...BTW, "humpong" in the UK is not so much "carrying" as "carrying on" so to speak.[/QUOTE]

On the first point, I was speaking tongue in cheek, hope I didn't offend.

On the second point, here too unless in military circles. But I suspect most on the forum understood what I meant.

No hard feelings I hope.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE