Aldi outdoor gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

davef

Forager
Mar 6, 2006
North Lancashire
They seem to be getting loads of bizzare but good stuff in recently. I got a motorbike security chain a few years ago and its been great. The clothing seems to last well and at those prices if it survives a year I'll be chuffed.

davef

Forager
Mar 6, 2006
North Lancashire
just got one of the bush shirt thingies. Seem very similar to Regatta/Crag Hopper etc, etc but a fraction of the cost - and none of the impregnated mozzie repellant cos my OH is highly allergic to it!
:D

Jack Tar

Apr 20, 2006
Hampshire
Just wanted to say thanks for the heads up.

I was lurking earlier today, and found this thread which has helped a great deal.

I'm just starting out on this Bushcraft/camping lark, and needed some basics to get me going, so went to Aldi's and bought:
Walking Boots @ £17.99 (seem perfectly adequate, especially for the price!)
Socks @ £2.49 (Very comfy)
Base Layer Top @ £3.99 (Light and comfy)
Merino Midlayer @ £8.99 (Snug and warm, though 50% acrylic as Wayland mentioned)
and Gaiters @£2.99 (These seem OK, if a bit "cheap")

You'll have to take my comments on these products with a pinch of salt, as I'm very much a novice, so someone more experienced may find fault with them,

Having said that, thirty six odd quid for all that kit, for someone starting out, seems a bargain to me.

Many thanks for helping me get started!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE